- the atomic number of germanium
- the number of teams in the National Football League.
- the number of completed, numbered piano sonatas by Ludwig van Beethoven
- the freezing point of water at sea level in degrees Fahrenheit
- the code for international direct dial phone calls to Belgium
the number of teeth of a full set of teeth in an adult human, including wisdom teeth
- the total number of black squares, white squares, and the total number of pieces (black and white) at the beginning of the game of Chess.
- the number of pages in the average comic book (not including the cover)
- the Saros number of the lunar eclipse series (which began on June 11, 1691 BC and ended on August 9, 375 BC). The duration contained 74 lunar eclipses.
- the ball used in association football is typically made with 32 panels of leather or synthetic material.
- The Hindu scripture Mudgala Purana also describes Ganesha as taking 32 forms.
- In the Kabbalah, there are 32 Kabbalistic Paths of Wisdom.
- 32 = 11 + 22 + 33
- One billion seconds is about 32 years...
Being "one billion seconds" old,
having acquired one billion seconds of wisdom, learning,
and had one billions seconds of human experience, here I am.
I won't lie to you, reader. Thirty-one was a heckuva year. One filled to the brim with gratitude. One utterly overflowing with some of the most incredible professional, personal and artistic highs.
|Kiss Me, Kate at Royal Albert Hall|
|Being nominated for, and singing at, The Grammy Awards with my beloved Cheyenne.|
|'I Am Harvey Milk' at Disney Hall with "sister" Andrew Lippa|
|falling madly, passionately in love with my highest calling: teaching.|
|making my professional debut as a produced playwright.|
|playing my dream role, Eliza Doolittle|
|Me. And a pile of sexy sexy medicine.|
- What am I truly doing with this life I have been given?
- Am I living it, or merely existing?
- ...Do I truly want to be here...?
Luckily, I discovered a hidden well—shadowed, tucked away so deeply in the folds on consciousness I had not yet heard its echo. That well contained a life-force—a serum so potent, it transformed every fibril within me.
I did want to be here.
My favorite Psalm (spooookily, Psalm 32) says:
When I kept silent,What I take from this is that "silence" of all kind, is spiritually expensive. I can no longer silence the full spectrum of who I am, or I will, in every day, cease to truly exist. So that meant re-framing my idea of (all-encompassing) health beginning at the cellular level, and that, dear readers, I have endeavored to do with the help of great (super strict!) doctors, teachers, healers, the care of loving friends, and especially the super-human 'Mama Silbs.' I am better than ever.
my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long...
And, dear reader, though I cannot tell you yet, I have recently received a birthday gift beyond my wildest dreams. I will be able to celebrate good ol' thirty-two in a manner beyond imagining.
So. Here is what I learned long the way:
Trust your struggle.
It is all merely a part of the Great story.