02 February, 2010

Master Class Announcement


I don't believe I have ever been so excited to begin work on a production. 

Though this is not entirely new news, the official Playbill and Broadwayworld announcements were made today about the upcoming production of Terrence McNally's Tony Award winning play Master Class starring Tyne Daly as Maria Callas at The Kennedy Centre. 

The production is part of Terrence McNally's Nights at the Opera, a five-week event featuring three of McNally's plays (The Lisbon Traviata featuring Malcom Gets and John Glover, and the premiere of a new world entitled Golden Age with Marc Kudisch and rebecca Brooksher) performed concurrently on three Kennedy Center stages.

Master Class will run March 25 - April 18, 2010 in the Kennedy Center Eisenhower Theater and will be directed by the incredible Stephen Wadsworth. 

I begin rehearsals on 2 March in my nation's capital and literally, I am so excited I can hardly breathe. But I will breathe... from my diaphragm....

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Al! Ted and I are really happy for you. We wish you all the best and hope to get to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you. I love her! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on masterclass! i went to school with jeremy cohen. you're gonna love him. i did not go to school with tyne daly, but i'm sure you'll love her too. in other news, laquita mitchell is fierce. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. tickets purchased. DONE!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails